Purpose and scope
The Cooperative Biological Engagement Program provides a Global Biorisk Management Curriculum (GBRMC) library based on international best practices such as CWA 15793 and WHO biosafety and biosecurity guidance. The GBRMC library is designed to:
- Include peer-reviewed and quality controlled training materials that can be adapted to meet local needs.
- Provide specific training designed for a variety of personnel including: policy makers, top management, biorisk management advisers (also called biosafety offers), scientific and/or laboratory management, and laboratory workers.
- Provide courses based on instructional design that include:
- Instructor's guide
- Student guide
- Presentation materials
- Course evaluations materials
- References and resources
- Provide courses that can be used together or separately in a variety of implementation strategies based on both the organization and student needs and the preferred training method and environment